Cloud Technology: How Vonage Business Solutions Makes a Better Cloud PBX
If you want to improve your business phone system and cut costs, there’s no better way than by using cloud PBX. It might sound confusing (what’s a PBX? What does the “cloud” mean?), but it makes your phone system work smarter and faster for less, without loads of expensive on-site equipment! Sure there are lots of other technical steps involved, but Vonage Business Solutions (formerly Vocalocity) takes of that for you so you can focus on your business.
Here’s How Cloud VoIP Phone Service Works
1) Making or Receiving a Call
“Cloud” just means a service that you get over the internet. And “PBX” stands for “private branch exchange.” Each time you make a call from your IP phone and every time your customers call you, your call is quickly handled by Vocalocity using our secure and reliable hosted technology.
2) Vonage Routes Your Call
Cloud PBX from Vonage Business Solutions means that your call comes through to our data center, where we use our secure technology to reroute the call and direct it appropriately. It means that you get a total phone system that is available instantly, and eliminates the need for extensive on-site equipment. You may have also heard this referred to as a “virtual PBX” or even an “IP PBX.”
In the past, companies used to have to buy or lease lots of expensive on-site equipment to handle calls. But since we host, maintain, and upgrade our VoIP equipment ourselves, that’s one less thing for you to worry about.
3) Complete the Call Through the Internet
Vonage completes your call over the Internet and connects you to your customers with excellent clarity. And because it relies on the Internet, you can use dozens of features like instant call recording, click-to-call, Outlook integration, call flip, call forward, and so much more. That’s it! That’s “the cloud.”
How Vonage’s Cloud PBX Makes Your Business Phone System Better:
- No closet full of phone equipment. We host that for you off-site.
- Get one low bill from one company.
- Set up your IP phone system in minutes, and use your IP-enabled phones anywhere you get an Internet connection.
- Enjoy all the features of a Fortune 500 phone system.
- No contract. Ever. We’re so convinced you’ll love Vonage’s cloud PBX phone service, we never lock you into a contract.
- It costs less – because we own our own equipment instead of leasing it from another technology provider, we’re able to pass the savings along to you. Save from 50-85% on phone costs per month.