Top Five Productivity Features in Phone Systems for Business
There are lots of reasons to select VoIP service for your office, but did you know that hosted phone systems for business are designed to not only compete with traditional, analog solution but actually give you more productivity enhancing features? Because VoIP service allows you to connect seamlessly to your computer, you’re able to utilize CRM plugins, take notes directly in your mail client with incoming phone calls, click phone numbers on your screen to dial out and much more.
Business Phone System Core Features
- Click to Dial: Let’s say that you’re a casual phone user and you use your handset mostly for dialing out. Perhaps you’re in a sales department or you’re tasked with responding to callback requests in a service department. Instead of manually dialing each one of your several dozen calls every hour, Vonage Business Solutions’ (formerly Vocalocity) Click to Dial solution allows you to actually just click a number from your computer screen to connect a call. Just download the free installation file and restart your computer. You can begin clicking to dial that same day!
- Multiple Devices on One Extension: Offices of all types select VoIP phone systems because business requires being able to answer calls from anywhere – the conference room, the warehouse, your home phone – wherever you may be at the moment. With Vonage, you’re able to set up multiple devices to use the same number and same voicemail. We consider it a productivity feature because so many of our customers say that it helps them stay on task and never miss a call.
- Call Screening: We’ve all been in the middle of an important project when a call comes in. We don’t know if it’s the big sale we needed to close or if it’s a vendor calling to check in on your satisfaction with a piece of new software. The vendor can wait – the sales call cannot. So you take the call – it turns out to be the vendor – and then you’re stuck on the phone and lose your train of thought. With Call Screening, you can have your phone announce the name of your caller to you, and then you decide whether to take the call or not. It’ll help you to stay on track and take calls on your own time.
Advanced Features in Phone Systems for Business
One of the things that sets VoIP phone systems for business apart from VoIP focused on residences is that it offers a full suite of features tailored to your office. With training, compliance and tracking tools, you’ll be able to do more than get a dial tone - and still at a much more affordable rate than analog service.
- Call Recording: One of Vonage’s sales executives listens to recorded employee calls to monitor for quality. He also has a long commute, so he exports his recordings and plays them back through his phone on his evening drive home. It helps him maximize his time and he doesn’t even need to be at his desk. With Vonage’s Company Call Recording, you can configure your system to record some or all inbound and outbound calls. Then, export the calls, listen to them from your desktop or forward them to sales manager or HR to help train employees and improve customer satisfaction.
- Conference Bridge: Tired of constantly rescheduling meetings because your employees are out of the office, or a vendor can’t make it in for an in-person meeting? Vonage’sConference Bridge service allows you to connect up to 30 people on a single call. You can get your collaborative work and meetings finished quickly and easily, no matter where participants happen to be.
VoIP phone systems for business have come a long way in just the past few years. Vonage is constantly adding new included and add-on services to its business-class set of services.
Visit our full list of VoIP features to look at all of the utilities avaliable to you with our no-contract service, or fill out the form on the left for a no-hassle consultation.
Our VoIP rep will get in touch with you and can tell you all about more productivity tools that can help boost your business.